Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bacon Potato Hash



Good Morning!!!  Its Sunday morning, so that means a breakfast with the family that doesn't involve the microwave!  We can actually lounge in our pjs a bit longer, take our time making a meal, and eat as a family at an hour earlier than 6pm!  I love the weekends!
In earlier posts, I have mentioned my weakness for carbs; the only other ingredient I could quite possibly love even more is pork.  So, the combination of potato and bacon???  Fantastic! Most of my closest friends know this about me and its a bit of running joke. When out to eat, I typically order pork, my lunch time staple; salami (which of course is made of pork), and if I am trying to perfect a recipe, what would I add?  Most likely, pork!  You put bacon on just about anything and it is instantly delicious!  Just ask comedian, Jim Gaffigan:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4  Hilarious!

This recipe is a little piece of Heaven for your Sunday morning. Not to mention, ridiculously easy!  (Easy, is usually the common theme with any of my recipes)

Ingredients:

6-8 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
approx. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of finely minced garlic
approx. 10-12 small yellow fleshed potatoes (like a yukon gold)
1 medium sized sweet onion, diced
1/2 of a red onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste

fried egg(s)

In a large skillet,  cook bacon and garlic in olive oil until bacon begins to crisp.  Add potatoes and onions and cook for approx. 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and crispy and onions have caramelized.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with a fried egg, over easy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment