Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lovely Ladylike

The fam and I are scheduled to get our holiday pictures next weekend and I have been thinking about the overall look I want.  May daughter, Betsy, of course already has 3 wardrobe changes! My son Andrew will be sporting his signature Crewcuts look, and my husband will wear the requisite merino sweater.  So that leaves me...  What shall the matriarch wear???  Ha!  I have never seen an episode of Mad Men, but I love the recent years' influence it has had on fashion.  The early 60's were the epitome of casual elegance! Women were ladylike and polished without looking forced.  Think of all the Fashion Icon's from that time:  Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, any of the Hitchcock Heroines... These women had some serious fashion sense.  They could pull off a simple tee and capris and look just as fabulous as when dressed in designer gowns. They also knew how to work a good shirt dress.  And that is just the look I think I want for the family photo.  I LOVE the shirt dress! Its daytime elegance and I think it can be dressed down a bit for a hip look too!  I plan on wearing mine with a tweed blazer and some Frye riding boots!  Now, just which one to pick....  Too bad the gorgeous Gucci is out of the question... :(


Gucci
Madewell



Diane Von Furstenburg


Marc Jacobs



JCrew

Theory

Jcrew

club monaco



No comments:

Post a Comment